Case: water leak repair
A sudden spike in your water bill is a classic sign of water leaks in or around your home. If you haven’t been using more water than usual lately, your first critical step is to locate the source of the leak. You can learn more about leak detection and repair on our service page.
Client was complaining that his lawn had been ruined by a sprinkler line issues. The heads stop functioning and he end up with soggy patches of grass along the pipes, which causes new problems for him.
- Cutting out the broken pipe. We use a hacksaw or pipe cutter to remove the broken/damaged section of pipes. After cutting, we clean and removing burrs from their ends with care so that you don’t end up with any more problems.
- Slipping on compression nuts and washers. Next, we take a compression nut and slide it over a section of the pipe with the threads pointing to the gap. Then, we slip one of the rubber washers over the same section of pipe toward the compression nut. Literally the same is done on the other side of the pipe.
- Inserting the coupling. Now it’s time to slide the body of the compression coupling over the pipe. The way we adjust the coupling is so that the middle of the body is positioned OVER the gap in the pipe.
- Sliding the nuts and washers. Next, we thread the washers and compression nuts onto their respective components.
- Tightening the compression coupler. With one set of pliers, we grab the very center of the coupling in order to hold it in place. Then we take the second set of pliers and tighten each of the compression nuts.
- Checking the seal.
- Refilling the hole. Once the pipe joint has been fixed, we fill the hole back up to bury the pipe.
Our plumbers fixed leaks on sprinkler Lines. Now the client will not overpay for water, and his lawn will be evenly watered.
If you want to control your water bills and enjoy leak-free pipes, contact Almco Plumbing. We will conduct a thorough camera inspection for you and fix the breakdowns in the plumbing. Book online our services or call us