Case: sewer pipe replacement
Sewer lines are invisible until they start to have problems. Most often, they rust, wear out and crack, resulting in holes in the pipes. Leaks in sewer pipes lead to dampness, mold appears on the walls, and an unpleasant smell begins to be felt in the house. To solve this problem, you need to excavate, get to the pipes and repair their damaged parts. Find out more about our sewer line repair and replacement services on our services page.
The corrosion of steel and cast iron pipes is a very serious problem. Corrosion can cause leaks or even cracking, so it’s important to keep an eye on your galvanized metal pipes for any signs that they’re being eaten away by calcium build-up from regular wear and tear. Client had corroded leaking sewer lines. We had to replace a sewer pipes for two bathrooms, kitchen and laundry.
- Locate the Sewer Line. One of the most critical steps in digging a trench for sewer line replacement is making sure we are digging in the right location.
- Locate the Utility Lines. Technicians will mark your yard for electrical, water, gas, and other vital services. Do not forget that there may be other homeowner-installed services such as sprinkler lines and landscape lights in your yard.
- Apply for a Permit. An inspector will visit the worksite to make sure the work has been done in compliance with the code. In the case of a sewer line replacement, this is normally done after the new sewer line has been installed but before the trench has been filled.
- Break or Remove Obstructions. Before we can get to the soil, we may have to remove obstructions such as concrete or brick sidewalks, driveways, or slabs.
- Dig the Sewer Trench.
- Cut Tree Roots.
- Assess the Sewer Line Problem.
- Complete the Project. After the sewer pipe replacement is complete, we make sure to have the work inspected before filling in the trench with gravel and soil.
As a result of our work, the client has new pipes installed for two bathrooms, kitchen and laundry. This sewer pipes are covered by a 50 year warranty. Now the client will not be bothered by sewer leaks and their consequences.
If you have problems with your plumbing system, ALMCO Plumbing is a good solution for you. Book our service to repair or replace sewer lines.